We have heard time and time again from trial account users and current account holders that Brand Sprokit is an extremely intuitive tool to use. While easy to use, many struggle with the planned use of Brand Sprokit. Here are some easy tips for planning ahead and getting the needed templates out to those who need them quickly.
- Shortly after creating your company’s Brand Sprokit account, go to the top one or two departments that typically need the most branded design materials and help them plan ahead for the templates they will need for the coming year. For example, the alumni relations unit will need business cards, stationary, a thank you notes, and event posters.
- Setup a “Group or Subgroup” for each department and end-user accounts for each colleague in the one or two departments mentioned above. Provide at least one trustworthy person in those departments with the ability to “Upload Media”. After a week or so of the departments uploading media, the admin user(s) should categorize and approve the images for use by the end user.
- While the “Group or Subgroups” are uploading images, the graphic designers will be creating the brand consistent templates, setting up the media, text and logo regions in Brand Sprokit, and publishing them for use.
- Repeat these steps for several additional “Groups or Subgroup” at a time. You will find that many of the templates you created already for the initial departments in step 1 above will be applicable to the new departments you are working with. Instead of recreating all new templates, all you have to do is provide the new department’s Brand Sprokit “Group or Subgroups” access to the necessary templates within Brand Sprokit. If the templates you created must be unique, you may be able to use existing templates from the initial “Groups or Subgroups” and make only minor changes in the template for use by the additional “Groups or Subgroups”.
- Some Groups within a large organization may have large amounts of media assets while other Groups may have few images to use. If you find that one group has uploaded media that is applicable for use by numerous organizational groups, the media asset(s) may also be made available to the numerous other “Groups or Subgroups”.
The primary themes to make life easier are to 1) plan ahead, 2) do the work in batches, like uploading media assets or template creation, and 3) make previous templates and media assets available for use by new groups, if appropriate.