When We Collect Information
We may collect information at the following times:
- When you visit our website
- When you order products or services
- When you request information
- When you subscribe to marketing or support materials
- When you register yourself for EMG services
- When you enter contests or participate in surveys
- When you apply for a job at EMG
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Financial information, including a credit card number
- Billing and transaction information
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Navigation information: Anonymous navigation information is collected by our servers every time you visit. This information may include: the type of browser and operating system you are using; the date and time of your visit; your server’s IP address; and the IP address of the pages you accessed
What We Do With the Information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with services requested, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Assist you in completing a transaction record
- Prevent and detect fraud or other malicious activity
- Internal record keeping
- Improving our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information and other sensitive personal information required to process a credit decision is not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or EMG and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and helps analyze web traffic. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Link to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by:
- Writing to Educational Marketing Group, Inc., 19751 E. Mainstreet, Suite 247, Parker, CO 80138
- Emailing us at email@example.com
We will not share your personal information with third parties, except as described below:
- If we have your written permission to share your information
- If we are required by law, court order, or subpoena to do so
- To prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of EMG
- To protect the personal safety of EMG employees or third parties on EMG property
EMG retains service providers and suppliers to assist in delivering complete products. These service providers and suppliers are required by contract to keep information confidential on behalf of EMG. Some examples are credit card processors, email service providers, and shipping agents.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above addresses. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Or you can return to the webpage where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on that webpage.
EMG does not knowingly collect information from minors under the age of 18 and does not target its websites to children under 18.
EMG gives you the choice of receiving information on our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product- and service-specific information and also choose to receive EMG general communications, which include newsletters, product updates, new product information, special offers, or invitations to participate in market research. After you request such communications, you may opt out of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- Select the email “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each subscription communication
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, email, and specific information about the EMG subscriptions that you no longer wish to receive
This option does not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, or other administrative notices.